Question : Outlook: Errors have been detected in the file

I just installed a new workstation for an existing user onto SBS 2003. After connecting and logging on as the domain user, Outlook appeared to open fine and show all the users email, contacts, etc. Then I installed some printer drivers, a 3rd party Access program, etc. I thought I was finished, so I started Outlook again just to leave the computer in the user's normal state. This time, I got the attached message saying that there were errors in C:\usrs\danweiss\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost.

I can't figure out what happened. Also the web user's ID is dan, not danweiss. The latter is the local, non-domain Id. Could that be a factor.

What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Answer : Outlook: Errors have been detected in the file

garymomo, chcw - tried both of those things.

jakirkhan - I followed your procedures, which is basically the same thing garymomo and chcw are saying. This half-worked. It would download to the new ost file completely, but would not add new mail after the download and would give me the same error when I restarted outlook. If I recreated the ost file again, same thing, but would cache the new mail missed after the previous cash, thus growing the ost file each time.

In fact I did fix it. I ended up running the scanpst.exe after all. I was cautious about running this because of the KB link, but it worked. I'd like to award some points for taking the time, but they don't have a category for that!
Random Solutions  
programming4us programming4us